Monday, May 25, 2009

Illustration Friday "Cracked"

As you may have noticed over the past few weeks, Illustration Friday has served as a stage for my Comfy Cat & Cozy Dog characters. I am still developing this duo in doodles based on my actual pets. The characters continue to grow, evolve, and find themselves with each day that I draw them (as do I.) I believe consistency in their look and style will naturally emerge with time.

This week's IF word, "CRACKED" evoked a sad memory which inspired this illustration. A few months ago, I came home to find the shattered pieces of my first & most treasured ceramic creation irreparably strewn across my tile floor. It's still painful to think of, but I know that hurting me is last thing that my sweet little kitty-boy would ever want to do. I also know that Cozy was just glad that SHE wasn't the one responsible!


8 comments:

  1. aww. This is adoooorable!
    I love the illustration.
    Hope you managed to fix it or get a new one.
    Cheers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay Ay Ayyyyy! These characters are adorables, specially the cat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the cat was framed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It hard to stay angry at such adorable faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such expressive faces...very nice illustration!

    ReplyDelete